Designed by Stockholm-based TAF Studio, Rime lights make an impression with their nature-inspired shape and texture. Now is your chance to take 20% off Muuto's Rime pendants for a limited time only. Join us in discovering Finnish Design Shop’s frequently updated product campaigns, allowing you to save on long-term interior investments.
WITH ITS ACORN-LIKE SHAPE, the Rime lighting series depicts a mindset characteristic of TAF Studio: ingenuity can transform everyday objects into extraordinary things. Spearheaded by Gabriella Gustafson and Mattias Ståhlbom, the architecture and design studio's point of departure for the Rime lamp family was a simple, soft form of expression.
In addition to its gentle form, nature has found its way to the glass shade's surface, in tune with the pendant's name – it mimics the appearance of ice and rime, and disperses soft light to the surroundings. Found in the selection of Danish design house Muuto, the Rime pendant fuses a sandblasted glass shade with a subtle top-part, finessed with a powder-coated surface that is colour-matched with the pendant tube and cord.
The understated top-part plays an important role, as it allows the mouth-blown glass shade to take center stage. While the modern Rime lamp is a pleasure to behold as the sole luminaire atop a dining table, several shapes and color options make it easy to create a gathering of multiple pendants, perhaps in a jolly row in the hallway.
With plenty of treats for Nordic lighting design lovers, Muuto's fall campaign also includes the Leaf lamp collection by design duo Broberg & Ridderstråle. Offering a down-to-earth glow to any living space or home office area, the Leaf table and floor lamps enchant with an organic, leaf-like shape.
What: TAF Studio
- Founded in 2002, an architecture and design studio run by Gabriella Gustafson and Mattias Ståhlbom.
- The profilic duo met already in 1997, during their student days in Stockholm's Konstfack.
- Works can be found in the permanent collections of the Nationalmuseum in Stockholm and the Design Museum Danmark in Copenhagen.
- Received the prestigious Bruno Mathsson Award in 2017.
- Designed the Ambit lighting series and versatile 70/70 table for Muuto, among others.
Text: Eero Nurmi Images: Muuto