Together with the Dutch colour and textile designer Hella Jongerius, Artek has developed new, two-tone colour for its linen webbing. The different tones of warp and weft give the webbing a vivid, almost three-dimensional expression. Also, the technical features of the webbing have been updated: the webbing is pre-stretched after weaving for extra stiffness and durability. The webbing is made of twisted linen yarn in Germany.
Needed amount of replacement webbing for Artek chairs:
- 43 lounge chair: 34 m
- 45 armchair: 20 m (seat 9,4 m, backrest 10,6 m)
- 406 armchair: 20 m
- 611 chair: 13,2 m (seat 7 m, backrest 6,2 m)
- 612 chair: 6 m (backrest)
- 615 chair 12,7 m (seat 8 m, backrest 4,7 m)
- 617 bar stool: 10,7 m (seat 6,9 m, back rest 3,8 m)
- Y61 stool: 7,2 m
Replacement webbing is sold by the metre. Due to the natural colour variations of linen, Artek recommends replacing the webbing for the seat and backrest at the same time. Linen may stretch slightly with use.