Vaarnii's Norppa rocking toy borrows both its name and shape from an endangered seal animal called the ringed seal. Designed by Studiomama, the Norppa toy is made from Finnish pine, with distinctive wood grain that gives the cute rocking chair its lively silhouette and look. The pattern on the surface of each chair is naturally different, just like each individual pine tree – and seal! Thanks to the material, Norppa will age gracefully and uniquely: when the wood's natural oils react to UV rays, the rocking toy will turn its colour into a beautiful honey yellow. Pine is also a soft wood, so scratches and dents on the surface will only enhance Norppa's character over time.
014 Norppa rocking toy, pine
- Oil waxed pine
- 66 cm
- 30 cm
- 59 cm
- Solid pine, oilwax finish
- 14 kg
- Certifications and labels
- CE marked: tested and approved as a toy according to European standards. Please note that outside of Europe, Norppa should be considered as a decorative object.
- Pine is a soft wood and will suffer some dents and scratches over time, which should be embraced and enjoyed as characterful signs of aging. Pine will naturally change color as it ages with your pale piece of furniture gradually maturing to a beautiful honey color over the course of several years.
- Care instructions
- Use a microfiber cloth when dusting Vaarnii products. Do not use any solvents on wood, only water is recommended.
Studiomama is a multidisciplinary design studio founded in 2000 by the Danish Nina Tolstrup and Greek Cypriot Jack Mama. Both Nina and Jack are known for their simple but distinctive work, with an emphasis on detail, understanding people's needs and of course playfulness. Studiomama brings together the creative couple's bold visions into distinctive and original design work.View all products
The Product Sustainability Framework, our criteria of sustainable design, helps you find the most sustainable products in our selection. Read below which sustainability criteria this product has met.