A wall lamp is ideal for creating cozy mood lighting. Wall lamps can also be positioned next to a bed or sofa to provide reading light. Install a luxury wall lamp on its own or mount several lamps in a grouped arrangement. In our collection, you’ll also find colorful wall lights for kids. Find your new Scandinavian wall lamp from Finnish Design Shop and illuminate your spaces!
Nordic wall lamps for a cozy ambiance
Finnish Design Shop offers a stylish selection of wall lights from different periods in Scandinavian design as well as many interesting wall lamps from around the world. We offer a wide collection of Nordic designers as well as modernist and contemporary wall lamps designed by famous designers, sculptors, architects and engineers.
Cornerstones of our wall light collection include wall-mounted lamps designed by Alvar Aalto for Artek, classic lamps by the Danish brand Louis Poulsen, and award-winning lights by the Italian brand Artemide. Explore our selection to find the perfect Scandinavian wall light for your space!
How to choose the right wall lamp?
First, identify your lighting and design needs.
You could use your wall lamp:
• to cast soft mood lighting
• as a focused spotlight
• to brightly illuminate a larger space.
You can use wall lights various ways to suit different spaces and purposes. Different types of modern wall lamps exist to help you achieve unique atmospheres.
• A sculptural wall lamp can create ambience in a living room
• A wall-mounted desk lamp can help you maximize desk space
• Subtle spotlights are ideal for bedtime reading
• Flush-mounted lamps and sconce lights on walls have a compact form and can emit either soft or bright light
Our collection of modern Nordic wall lamps also offers lamps with useful features:
• adjustable arms
• directable shades
• dimmer switches for versatile lighting
• sealed lamps for indoor and outdoor use
Most of the wall lights in our selection are wall lamps with cords, but you’ll also find many hardwired wall sconces if you need a cord-free option.
Scandinavian wall lamps to enhance your home decor
A designer wall lamp can be installed on your wall as a piece of art. But maybe you’re looking for something functional or with a minimalist design. When you’re buying a new wall light, we recommend choosing the shape, size and material based on how much attention you want your wall lamp to get. Do you want it to be a statement piece or blend into the background. Our collection of modern wall lamps includes sculptural designs as well as minimalist wall light fixtures in a range of colors and materials like glass, brass, steel, and ceramics. Browse our extensive range of designer wall lamps, including classic designs from international designers like Le Corbusier by Nemo Lighting.
When it comes to creating a unique ambiance, don’t be afraid to get playful with colors, shapes and textures! Wall lamps are an easy way to add bold accents, touches of natural materials or an industrial allure to your space. You can even create an eclectic vibe by mixing large and small wall lights, flush-mounted wall lights and hanging wall lamps, or wall lamps in contrasting colors and materials. Check out colorful wall lamps on offer in our selection from the Danish brand Hay, including a colorful Matin Wall Lamp 300 parasol design.
In the Finnish Design Shop lighting collection you’ll also find a variety of luxury wall lamps suitable for outdoor use. Along with indoor/outdoor wall lamps that can be installed anywhere! We also have many different wall lights for kids in modern Scandinavian styles. We want everyone to be able to enjoy the Nordic lighting design.
How to create mood lighting with wall lights?
The appeal of a wall lamp often lies in non-glare light reflected gently into the room from a wall or ceiling. A well-lit wall makes a room feel more spacious and airier. Soft, glare-free light is ideal as mood lighting in complement to your ceiling lighting and other floor lamps.Ideas from interior designers for inspiration
We’ve selected a few links to articles from our online magazine, Design Stories, to help you choose a new wall light for your home:
Frequently asked questions about wall lamps
What is the ideal height for a wall mounted lamp?
Wall lamps should be positioned around eye level or slightly lower to avoid glare from the bulb.
What are some pros and cons of wall lamps?
• Wall lamps don’t take up floor or tabletop space
• directable shades
• Wall lamps can’t be knocked over by people or animals
• Wall lamps are ideal in outdoor spaces, small spaces, bathrooms and hallways
• Some work and tools are required to install a wall lamp, especially if it is hardwired
• Incorrectly mounted wall lights are blinding
• Since they’re a fixture, they can’t be moved round much
How do I choose a timeless wall lamp?
Great design never goes out of fashion. You can choose a timeless wall lamp by prioritizing iconic designs that have already stood the test of time or choosing minimalist wall lamps in neutral colors and high-quality materials.
Finnish Design Shop’s stocks a variety of designer lamps that have been popular since the mid-20th century along with timeless 21st centuries designs.
Examples of timeless Scandi wall lamps:
• Louis Poulsen’s Flindt wall lamp designed by Danish designer Christian Flindt. It has a curved aluminum structure that allows the light to form a perfect circle with a perfect glowing ring along its rim.
• Normann Copenhagen’s Grant brass wall lamp inspired by Copenhagen’s iconic streetlamps. Its soft lines and shiny metal surface contrast with a dark granite base.
• Artek's white wall lamp A330S based on the original “Golden Bell” pendant designed in 1937 for the Restaurant Savoy in Helsinki. It has a streamlined design in minimalist colors and sleek stem rotating 180 degrees.