The Flowerpot lamp, designed by Verner Panton, has a fascinating background. In 1968, the students’ revolts in Paris, Rome and the United States were overthrowing stiff, old values, and initiating the Flower-Power movement of peace, love and harmony. In the same year, Stanley Kubrick pictured the future of the year 2001, featuring the Verner Panton Chair, and man was soon to set foot on the moon. In the world of design, a colourful, playful pendant hung in restaurants and exhibitions, and very soon in everybody’s homes. The Flowerpot with its two semi-circular spheres facing each other has long proved its lasting design quality and is just as much a synonym of our time, too. Verner Panton successfully interpreted the times of the hippie movement and moon landing into visionary colourful interior, lighting and furniture. To him, colour was always more important than form and he believed that colour could evoke feelings. The Flowerpot summarized this theory, lightening up in a variety of bright colours. The Flowerpot VP2 works well in groups or combined with the small Flowerpot VP1 lamp. You can hang them at different heights, in a row or circle. The lamp is perfect over a dining table. Two or three lamps can provide good lighting over a long table. Different colours can also be combined.
Verner Panton (1926-1998) is considered one of Denmark’s most influential furniture and interior designers in the 20th century. Panton’s works are represented in numerous museums worldwide, and he was awarded several prestigious design awards. He was a unique designer with a special sense of colour, shape, light function and space.
Panton was trained as an architectural engineer in Odense and after that he studied architecture at the Royal Danish Academy of Art in Copenhagen, graduating in 1951. During his career, he created innovative and futuristic designs in a variety of materials, especially plastics, often using very vibrant colours. Panton also introduced a series of modern lamps with personalities unlike any of his Scandinavian contemporaries. The Panthella lamp, created in 1971, is one of the most famous luminaires by Panton.
Panton was also famous for his inspirational and colourful personality. “The main purpose of my work is to provoke people into using their imagination. Most people spend their lives living in dreary, grey-beige conformity, mortally afraid of using colours. By experimenting with lighting, colours, textiles and furniture and utilizing the latest technologies, I try to show new ways, to encourage people to use their imagination and make their surroundings more exciting,” Panton commented on his designs.
We ship worldwide to over 180 countries. You can select your shipping destination at the top left corner of our website.
What does the shipping cost?
• European Union (EU) Countries, Norway & Switzerland Currently, we offer free standard shipping on all orders over 150 €. If the total value of the order is less than 150 €, the shipping cost will be 7,90 €–14,90 € depending on the weight and volume of the items.
• International shipping For non-European Union countries the shipping cost, starting from 7,90 €, is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel. The shipping cost for each item is displayed on the product page. For bulky and oversized items – such as sofas, lounge chairs, dining tables etc. – you may request a shipping quote by filling in the form on the product page. We will provide you with a quote in two business days.
What shipping methods are available?
We offer the following shipping methods:
• DHL Global Mail, from 7,90 € Your order will be shipped to the delivery address or local post office via DHL Global Mail. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically.
Europe: please allow 4–8 business days for your order to arrive. North America: please allow 5–9 business days for your order to arrive. Australia: please allow 10–15 business days for your order to arrive. Rest of the world: please allow 5–15 business days for your order to arrive.
You may be able to track your order within 24-48 hours after it has been processed at the local DHL facility. Please note that the availability of the tracking information depends on the destination country. DHL does not offer tracking for orders that are delivered by the local postal service. DHL Global Mail is available for small parcels only.
• DHL Parcel, from 8,80 € (Europe) / 15,99 € (outside Europe) Your order will be delivered to the shipping address via DHL Parcel. The shipping cost is based on the destination and weight of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. The exact rate and estimated delivery date for your country are displayed at checkout. DHL Parcel is often the most economical shipping method for items that are large and lightweight.
You can track your order within 72 hours it has been shipped from our warehouse. After the first delivery attempt, the parcel will be transported to a local pickup point. Please note that DHL Parcel is not available for all orders.
• UPS Standard, from 6,00 € Your order will be shipped to the delivery address via UPS Standard. Please allow 2–7 business days for your order to arrive. The delivery time depends on the shipping destination and you will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours. You can check the exact shipping rate for your country on product pages and at checkout.
• UPS Expedited (for international orders) Your order will be shipped to the delivery address via UPS Expedited. Please allow 1–2 weeks for your order to arrive. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. The delivery time depends on the shipping destination and you will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours.
• UPS Express Saver UPS Express Saver is the fastest shipping option available. Please allow 1–2 business days for your order to arrive. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. You will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours. Please note that UPS Express Saver is not available for all orders.
• TNT (for international orders) Your order will be delivered to the shipping address via the TNT Economy Express or TNT Express service. TNT is often the most economical shipping method for bulky and oversized items such as sofas, lounge chairs and dining tables.
The shipping cost is based on the destination and weight of the shipment and will be calculated automatically. The exact rate and estimated delivery date for your country are displayed at checkout.
TNT Economy Express: please allow 4–8 business days for your order to arrive. TNT Express: please allow 3–6 business days for your order to arrive.
• DSV Freight All bulky and oversized items – such as sofas, lounge chairs, dining tables etc. – will be shipped with the DSV Freight service.
• DSV Air Freight Furniture and other large items will be shipped to the delivery address via DVS Air Freight. The delivery time is 6–8 business days. You will receive a tracking code by email once the order has been dispatched from our warehouse. DSV delivers orders only to the street level and will call you in advance to schedule a delivery appointment. All orders outside the European Union will be shipped as DAP (Delivered at Place), duty unpaid.
Europe: please allow 2–9 business days for your order to arrive. We offer free standard shipping for all orders over 150 €. Rest of the world: The shipping cost and estimated delivery date will be stated in the quote provided by our customer service.
When will my order arrive?
You can see the estimated delivery time for your whole order at checkout.
We will calculate the shipping cost for bulky and oversized items shipped outside Europe. Please fill out the form and we will provide you with a quote in two business days. If you would like to have more information about shipping, we are happy to help you by email at email@example.com or by phone at +358 20 743 2530, Mon–Fri 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (GMT +3).
Sign up for Finnish Design Shop's newsletter by 30 July for a chance to win a €200 gift card to our online store. All subscribers will be automatically entered in the prize draw held on 31 July 2020.
Taxes and duties
All non-EU countries are shipped to on a DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid) basis, which means that all product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. When shipping internationally, you are responsible for any customs duties and taxes that are levied by your destination country. Finnish Design Shop does not collect these fees. All orders are shipped from Finland. Each product’s country of origin is indicated in the documents (non-EU orders only).
Please fill in your local phone number and select the country from the menu on the left. Your phone number is required so that the courier or shipping company can contact you regarding the delivery.
Select shipping country
Please select your shipping country to display the correct pricing and available shipping methods.
Customer service hours
Customer Service is closed at the moment
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.