Poul Christiansen (b. 1947) is a Danish architect who graduated from the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in 1973. He worked in architecture and design for Ib & Jørgen Rasmussen from 1977 to 1986 and founded Komplot Design together with Boris Berlin in 1987. Poul Christiansen is mostly known for his innovative lamp shades designed for the Danish manufacturer Le Klint.
Between 1969 and 1987 Poul Christiansen brought innovative and exciting dimensions to Le Klint’s lamp shades. Prior to his involvement the shades had been folded in pleats and in straight lines across the pleats. Poul Christiansen discovered that folding in mathematical curves gave the lamp shades beautiful and unique sculptural shapes.
His most famous creation is the Sinus Line series for Le Klint, which includes lamps such as the 172 with its different versions, developed by combining sine curves in such a way that they formed a lamp shade when folded. Poul Christiansen continues to design new lamps for Le Klint and in 2006 he designed the wall lamp model 215 – allegedly inspired by the Sydney Opera House. Later in 2008 this lamp was introduced in a moulded plastic version for outdoor use.
Over the years Poul Christiansen has designed a number of Le Klint lamps and in the mid 2000 he evolved the soft folded curves creating the Elysion light sculptures. These lights are hand-folded from one sheet of lamp shade foil and thus represent genuine craftsmanship like other lamp shades made by Le Klint. The Elysion light sculpture is also available in an outdoor version.
We ship worldwide to over 180 countries. You can select your shipping destination at the top left corner of our website.
What does the shipping cost?
• European Union (EU) Countries, Norway & Switzerland Currently, we offer free standard shipping on all orders over 150 €. If the total value of the order is less than 150 €, the shipping cost will be 7,90 €–14,90 € depending on the weight and volume of the items.
• International shipping For non-European Union countries the shipping cost, starting from 7,90 €, is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel. The shipping cost for each item is displayed on the product page. For bulky and oversized items – such as sofas, lounge chairs, dining tables etc. – you may request a shipping quote by filling in the form on the product page. We will provide you with a quote in two business days.
What shipping methods are available?
We offer the following shipping methods:
• DHL Global Mail, from 7,90 € Your order will be shipped to the delivery address or local post office via DHL Global Mail. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically.
Europe: please allow 4–8 business days for your order to arrive. North America: please allow 5–9 business days for your order to arrive. Australia: please allow 10–15 business days for your order to arrive. Rest of the world: please allow 5–15 business days for your order to arrive.
You may be able to track your order within 24-48 hours after it has been processed at the local DHL facility. Please note that the availability of the tracking information depends on the destination country. DHL does not offer tracking for orders that are delivered by the local postal service. DHL Global Mail is available for small parcels only.
• DHL Parcel, from 8,80 € (Europe) / 15,99 € (outside Europe) Your order will be delivered to the shipping address via DHL Parcel. The shipping cost is based on the destination and weight of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. The exact rate and estimated delivery date for your country are displayed at checkout. DHL Parcel is often the most economical shipping method for items that are large and lightweight.
You can track your order within 72 hours it has been shipped from our warehouse. After the first delivery attempt, the parcel will be transported to a local pickup point. Please note that DHL Parcel is not available for all orders.
• UPS Standard, from 6,00 € Your order will be shipped to the delivery address via UPS Standard. Please allow 2–7 business days for your order to arrive. The delivery time depends on the shipping destination and you will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours. You can check the exact shipping rate for your country on product pages and at checkout.
• UPS Expedited (for international orders) Your order will be shipped to the delivery address via UPS Expedited. Please allow 1–2 weeks for your order to arrive. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. The delivery time depends on the shipping destination and you will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours.
• UPS Express Saver UPS Express Saver is the fastest shipping option available. Please allow 1–2 business days for your order to arrive. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. You will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours. Please note that UPS Express Saver is not available for all orders.
• DSV Freight All bulky and oversized items – such as sofas, lounge chairs, dining tables etc. – will be shipped with the DSV Freight service.
• DSV Air Freight Furniture and other large items will be shipped to the delivery address via DVS Air Freight. The delivery time is 6–8 business days. You will receive a tracking code by email once the order has been dispatched from our warehouse. DSV delivers orders only to the street level and will call you in advance to schedule a delivery appointment. All orders outside the European Union will be shipped as DAP (Delivered at Place), duty unpaid.
Europe: please allow 2–9 business days for your order to arrive. We offer free standard shipping for all orders over 150 €. Rest of the world: The shipping cost and estimated delivery date will be stated in the quote provided by our customer service.
When will my order arrive?
You can see the estimated delivery time for your whole order at checkout.
We will calculate the shipping cost for bulky and oversized items shipped outside Europe. Please fill out the form and we will provide you with a quote in two business days. If you would like to have more information about shipping, we are happy to help you by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +358 20 743 2530, Mon–Fri 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (GMT +3).
Subscribe to our newsletter by 1 July for a chance win Eva Solo’s FireGlobe (value 599 €). All subscribers will be automatically entered in the prize draw held on 2 July 2018.
Taxes and duties
All non-EU countries are shipped to on a DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid) basis, which means that all product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. When shipping internationally, you are responsible for any customs duties and taxes that are levied by your destination country. Finnish Design Shop does not collect these fees. All orders are shipped from Finland. Each product’s country of origin is indicated in the documents (non-EU orders only).
Please fill in your local phone number and select the country from the menu on the left. Your phone number is required so that the courier or shipping company can contact you regarding the delivery.
Select shipping country
Please select your shipping country to display the correct pricing and available shipping methods.
Customer service hours
Customer Service is closed at the moment
Please email us at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Customer Service hours (GMT +3)
Our Customer Service is closed during 22–24 June 2018. Happy Midsummer!