The Genelec 6040R Smart Active loudspeaker provides a combination of exceptional sound quality, excellent acoustic performance and balanced aesthetics. 6040R Smart Active is the first launch in Genelec’s Signature Series, consisting of reimagined and upgraded versions of Genelec classics, and a successor of the iconic 6040A loudspeaker from 2001. The long development has led to an extremely precise reproduction, smooth frequency response and low distortion, as well as increased power output and lower power consumption. The speaker is built to the highest environmental standards.
Made of recycled, die-cast aluminium, 6040R Smart Active features professional-grade LF drivers and a pedestal with class D amplification and a digital signal processor (DSP). This top-class active speaker is suited for both home audio use as well as professional monitoring applications, and you can use it with or without a subwoofer. It is simple to set up and can be optimised for any acoustic environment.
The Genelec speakers have been designed to provide the listeners with even the most subtle nuances without removing or adding anything to the original sound. The rounded lines and refined design by Harri Koskinen gives the Genelec speakers a lovely, Scandinavian vibe. The Genelec speakers are manufactured in Iisalmi, Finland.
- Smart Active Monitor (SAM) Systems: automatic calibration to the environment (can be controlled with the Genelec GLM system)
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology for flat on- and off-axis response
- Active crossover operating at low signal levels
- Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) for power consumption reduction in stand-by mode
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) for uncoloured sound reproduction
- Each transducer is driven by its own optimised amplifier
- Protection circuitry for safe operation