The processing of personal data follows applicable legislation and the industry's self-regulation, such as the guidelines given by Asiakkuusmarkkinointiliitto ry and IAB Finland ry.
Finnish Design Shop Oy Business ID: 1907012-1 Aviatie 2 20360 TURKU Finland
COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
The collected personal data and the scope of its processing varies depending on the relationship between Finnish Design Shop and the customer or user of online services, the permissions and denials concerning the processing of personal data and marketing and the cookie and tracking settings of the browser used.
Submitted personal data
Personal data submitted by the customer or user of online services to Finnish Design Shop at various times, such as during a product order or newsletter subscription or registration to an online service, may include the following:
basic data, such as name and contact information
ordering and billing data, such as information about the payer of the order, its recipient and their e-mail address and phone number
customer service data, such as customer feedback and communication with customer service
permit data, such as information about marketing permits or other permits and prohibitions related to the use of personal data
data about responses to studies, surveys or contests conducted by Finnish Design Shop
phone data and call recordings, such as customer service calls
Data collected from online service use
when a customer acts as a third-party seller on the marketplace owned by Finnish Design Shop, his or her bank account number shall be collected to pay the sales revenue.
Data collected from the use of online services may include:
collected data about the device or application used, such as browser version, device type or display size
data about online service use, such as information about pages loaded, time spent at online services, navigation in online services or advertising or marketing content viewed
data about web pages opened through customer communication
location data by country based on IP address
data collected by social plugins or other third parties.
A user of online services can be identified through a digital identifier created in the services when the customer signs in or arrives at the online service through targeted customer communication, such as a newsletter.
Derived and combined data
In order to serve its customers and online service users better, Finnish Design Shop refines collected personal data by analyzing it using various statistical methods and by combining data collected from different sources.
Using the aforementioned methods, it is possible to make assumptions about things such as interests, gender, age group, purchasing behavior or other similar characteristics. These assumptions are based on the submitted or collected data mentioned in the previous paragraph. In order to ensure consumers' privacy, Finnish Design Shop shall not make assumptions about information that is considered sensitive.
Finnish Design Shop secures the privacy of its customers or users of online services by exercising special care when carrying out the derivation and combination of data described above, so that the privacy of customers or users of online services is not compromised.
PERSONAL DATA PURPOSES OF USE AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Finnish Design Shop collects personal data for the maintenance of customer relationships, development of products and services and commercial purposes.
Maintenance of customer relationships
Finnish Design Shop uses customers' personal data for various activities necessary for maintaining a customer relationship, including:
delivering ordered products
maintenance of a customer relationship or customer communication
customer service or other customer support and their quality control
competitions or draws for prizes
to fulfil orders, Finnish Design Shop shares order-related data between the users and third-party sellers of the marketplace owned by Finnish Design Shop.
Processing of personal data for maintaining a customer relationship is based on an agreement between Finnish Design Shop and the customer about the delivery of a product or service, or another action that leads to the formation of a customer relationship.
The customer can influence the processing of personal data for maintaining a customer relationship by contacting customer service.
Development of products and services
Finnish Design Shop uses the data of customers or users of online services for the development of products or services and for improving the quality and selection of services. Actions for improving products or services may include product or content recommendations or personalization of services.
Products and services are also developed by utilizing surveys and feedback.
The more specific uses and storage of data collected in studies and surveys shall be described separately in the study or survey.
The processing of personal data for developing products and services is based on Finnish Design Shop's legitimate interests in utilizing data for the benefit of its customers and users of its online services.
A user of online services can influence the use of data for developing products and services through cookie settings.
Finnish Design Shop may use the data of customers or users of online services for marketing, advertising or other commercial activities. Data may be utilized in things like targeting advertising, direct marketing or displaying advertisements on third-party platforms.
For direct marketing, the processing of data for commercial purposes is based on the customer's consent. For other advertising and products, the processing of personal data is based on Finnish Design Shop's legitimate interests.
The customer can influence the targeting of advertising in the customer service. A user of online services can influence the targeting of advertising through cookie settings, or third-party advertising displays by adjusting the platforms' own advertising settings.
SHARING AND HANDING OVER PERSONAL DATA
Finnish Design Shop utilizes personal data for implementing the purposes described above in paragraph 3. In addition, Finnish Design Shop may use third-party services, in which case Finnish Design Shop shall ensure the lawful processing of data through contractual arrangements and instruct third parties on processing data.
Finnish Design Shop may share or hand over personal data to third parties in situations including the following:
When applicable legislation mandates handing over personal data. Handing over personal data may be necessary, for example, at the request of authorities or for carrying out a judicial process.
For marketing purposes. Personal data may be transferred and disclosed to other data controllers or data processors, as the case may be, for the purposes of marketing, including market research, production and delivery of marketing content, or for the purpose of delivering targeted advertising.
Finnish Design Shop may hand over personal data to third parties if it is necessary for guaranteeing the rights or safety of Finnish Design Shop and the customer or user, investigating fraud or responding to queries from authorities.
Transferring personal data outside the EU/EEA
As a rule, Finnish Design Shop shall not transfer or process data outside the European Union or European Economic Area. If data is exceptionally moved outside the EU/EEA, an adequate level of protection for personal data shall be ensured in accordance with applicable legislation.
STORING PERSONAL DATA
Finnish Design Shop stores personal data as long as is necessary for implementing the purposes defined in paragraph 3. However, valid legislation, such as accounting laws or other exigent legislation, may require the storage of personal data even after the purpose of processing has expired. In such situations, storage times defined in applicable legislation shall apply.
AN INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHTS AND WAYS OF INFLUENCING THE PROCESSING
Finnish Design Shop is committed to protecting the privacy of customers and users of online services and their rights defined in data protection legislation. Listed below are the customers' most important rights and ways of influencing the processing of personal data:
The customer has a right to inspect their own personal data and to demand the correction of erroneous information.
The customer has a right to request the deletion of their personal data to the extent that other legislation allows it.
The customer has a right to transfer certain personal data about themselves to another keeper of a register.
The customer has a right to deny direct marketing or oppose the processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. In addition, the customer may influence the channels in which direct marketing takes place.
For requests related to the abovementioned rights, you may contact Finnish Design Shop customer service.
Finnish Design Shop takes appropriate information security measures to ensure the secure processing of personal data. Personal data is protected from loss, destruction, abuse, unauthorized access and transfer. Secure processing is ensured by means such as restricting access to the data and ensuring that our employees and sub-contractors are using personal data in accordance with instructions and agreements.
Sign up for Finnish Design Shop’s newsletter by 2 October for a chance to win a 200 € gift card to our online store. All subscribers will be automatically entered in the prize draw.
Taxes and duties
All non-EU countries are shipped to on a DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid) basis, which means that all product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. When shipping internationally, you are responsible for any customs duties and taxes that are levied by your destination country. Finnish Design Shop does not collect these fees. All orders are shipped from Finland. Each product's country of origin is indicated in the documents (non-EU orders only).
Please fill in your local phone number and select the country from the menu on the left. Your phone number is required so that the courier or shipping company can contact you regarding the delivery.
Customer service hours
Chat at your service 24/7 – we’re happy to help!
Chat: click the blue bar in the lower right corner of the page
Until emission-free shipping methods are widely available, we will ensure that the carbon footprint of our deliveries is fully offset – without any additional cost to our customers. Read more
Do you ship to my country?
We ship worldwide to over 180 countries. You can select your shipping destination at the top left corner of our website.
What does the shipping cost?
• European Union (EU) countries, Norway & Switzerland Currently, we offer free* standard shipping on all orders over 150 €. If the total value of the order is less than 150 €, the shipping cost will be 7,90 €–14,90 € depending on the weight and volume of the items. *Exclusions apply: United Kingdom and non-continental shipping destinations such as Malta and Cyprus.
• International shipping For non-European Union countries the shipping cost, starting from 7,90 €, is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel. The shipping cost for each item is displayed on the product page. For bulky and oversized items – such as sofas, lounge chairs, dining tables etc. – you may request a shipping quote by filling in the form on the product page. We will provide you with a quote in two business days.
What shipping methods are available?
We offer the following shipping methods:
• DHL Global Mail, from 7,90 € Your order will be shipped to the delivery address or local post office via DHL Global Mail. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically.
Europe: please allow 4–8 business days for your order to arrive. North America: please allow 5–9 business days for your order to arrive. Australia: please allow 10–15 business days for your order to arrive. Rest of the world: please allow 5–15 business days for your order to arrive.
You may be able to track your order within 24-48 hours after it has been processed at the local DHL facility. Please note that the availability of the tracking information depends on the destination country. DHL does not offer tracking for orders that are delivered by the local postal service. DHL Global Mail is available for small parcels only.
• DHL Parcel, from 8,80 € (Europe) / 15,99 € (outside Europe) Your order will be delivered to the shipping address via DHL Parcel. The shipping cost is based on the destination and weight of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. The exact rate and estimated delivery date for your country are displayed at checkout. DHL Parcel is often the most economical shipping method for items that are large and lightweight.
You can track your order within 72 hours it has been shipped from our warehouse. After the first delivery attempt, the parcel will be transported to a local pickup point. Please note that DHL Parcel is not available for all orders.
• UPS Standard, from 6,00 € Your order will be shipped to the delivery address via UPS Standard. Please allow 2–7 business days for your order to arrive. The delivery time depends on the shipping destination and you will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours. You can check the exact shipping rate for your country on product pages and at checkout.
• UPS Expedited (for international orders) Your order will be shipped to the delivery address via UPS Expedited. Please allow 1–2 weeks for your order to arrive. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. The delivery time depends on the shipping destination and you will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours.
• UPS Express Saver UPS Express Saver is the fastest shipping option available. Please allow 1–2 business days for your order to arrive. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. You will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours. Please note that UPS Express Saver is not available for all orders.
• TNT (for international orders) Your order will be delivered to the shipping address via the TNT Economy Express or TNT Express service. TNT is often the most economical shipping method for bulky and oversized items such as sofas, lounge chairs and dining tables.
The shipping cost is based on the destination and weight of the shipment and will be calculated automatically. The exact rate and estimated delivery date for your country are displayed at checkout.
TNT Economy Express: please allow 4–8 business days for your order to arrive. TNT Express: please allow 3–6 business days for your order to arrive.
• DSV Freight All bulky and oversized items – such as sofas, lounge chairs, dining tables etc. – will be shipped with the DSV Freight service.
• DSV Air Freight Furniture and other large items will be shipped to the delivery address via DVS Air Freight. The delivery time is 6–8 business days. You will receive a tracking code by email once the order has been dispatched from our warehouse. DSV delivers orders only to the street level and will call you in advance to schedule a delivery appointment. All orders outside the European Union will be shipped as DAP (Delivered at Place), duty unpaid.
Europe: please allow 2–9 business days for your order to arrive. We offer free standard shipping for all orders over 150 €. Rest of the world: The shipping cost and estimated delivery date will be stated in the quote provided by our customer service.
When will my order arrive?
You can see the estimated delivery time for your whole order at checkout.