An outdoor kitchen is a culinary enthusiast's haven in the open air. Outdoor kitchen modules extend your indoor space into the garden, creating the ideal spot for BBQs or preparing festive dinners in the fresh air. Discover high-quality outdoor kitchen furniture and equipment for your dream outdoor kitchen at Finnish Design Shop!
Crafting the perfect outdoor kitchen: Tips for choosing and maintaining outdoor kitchen modules
In a functional outdoor kitchen, you whip up the best summer delights. A well-designed outdoor kitchen invites you to savour the season's finest moments, whether you're gearing up for grill sessions or creating a versatile cooking oasis. From elegant utensils to weather-resistant outdoor kitchen modules and furniture, our selection has everything for designing the outdoor kitchen of your dreams.
How to design an outdoor kitchen?
When diving into the world of outdoor kitchen design, think of it like crafting your culinary haven in the great outdoors. It's all about customising the layout and features to match your cooking style and outdoor space.
• If you're planning an outdoor kitchen for diverse daily cooking, consider adding electrical connections and outdoor kitchen modules with drawers, shelves, and perhaps even a sink.
• Ideally, plan your outdoor kitchen in a covered space to protect items from the rain. Materials like aluminium, stainless steel, galvanised steel and teak wood are well-suited for continuous outdoor use.
How to protect the outdoor kitchen for winter?
When the air turns too cold for outdoor dining, it's time to winterise your outdoor kitchen.
Ideally, store outdoor kitchen furniture indoors for winter or at least place them under a shelter and cover them thoroughly with the right protective covers. If your outdoor kitchen has water connections, ensure you shut off the water valves for winter and drain the pipes. In the autumn, give your grill, furniture and tools a thorough cleaning to remove accumulated dirt and grease, making their springtime use more enjoyable and quicker.
Inspiration and ideas for the outdoor kitchen
Take the time to immerse yourself in inspiration and ideas when planning your outdoor kitchen. Comparing different styles and implementations may reveal designs that resonate with your preferences. Check out some articles from our Design Stories publication for inspiration and ideas to plan your own outdoor kitchen:
• Start the barbecue season with style – discover the best gas grill, BBQ accessories and everything you need for an outdoor kitchen >
• Ask the Customer Service: “How do I choose the modules for my Röshults kitchen?” >
• Design for the pleasure of summer grillers – serve eye-catching food with splendid colors and shapes >
• New from String Furniture: Outdoor shelving and additions to String System >