The beautiful KOTONADESIGN notice board is a combination of a magnetic board with a whiteboard. With the KOTONADESIGN notice board you will have at the same time a playful notice board where to write or draw with a chalk, and a useful magnetic board for your keys, magnets and other objects. The KOTONADESIGN notice board is also an original interior design decoration that can be placed in different rooms of your house ? such as kitchen, hallway, office or children?s room. All KOTONADESIGN notice boards are equipped with 40 mm frames made of plywood. The frames have grooves and this makes it easy to fasten the board using the L-screws that are included in the package. The notice boards are available in different shapes, sizes and colours. You can decorate the house with one KOTONADESIGN notice board in your favourite colour or combine together more notice boards of different shapes, sizes and colours creating a nice set. All KOTONADESIGN notice boards are made in Finland.
Mia Battilana (b. 1968) is a Finnish designer who is also the founder of Kotonadesign, a Finnish trademark established in 2004 – Kotona is a Finnish word that means “at home”. The most innovative product designed by Mia Battilana is the original notice board which is at the same time a magnetic board and a whiteboard.
Kotonadesign noteboards, available in different colours, shapes and sizes, are accompanied by a series of creative accessories. Mia Battilana’s noteboards have been shown in numerous exhibitions in many countries – including the exhibition “Nordic Design” in 2009 at the Total Museum of Contemporary Art, Seoul, Korea – and in short time the designer has become widely well-known for her creations. As for the origins of Kotonadesign, it all started from a left-over case in a workshop of a carpenter Mia Battilana knew. She was allowed to take with her as much left-over wood pieces as she would be able to carry. And of course she was able to carry a large amount of left-over wood pieces and once home she just sat admiring them and wondering. Wooden material which was meant to be burned found its way to useful products on refrigerator doors and notice boards This is how Kotonadesign’s product concept was born. Kotonadesign realizes a series of original interior design articles that are perfect for decorating the house. Kotonadesign products go from coloured notice boards that are at the same time a magnetic board and a whiteboard to different kinds of magnets. All Kotonadesign products are made in Finland.
We ship worldwide to over 180 countries. You can select your shipping destination at the top left corner of our website.
What does the shipping cost?
• European Union (EU) Countries, Norway & Switzerland Currently, we offer free standard shipping on all orders over 150 €. If the total value of the order is less than 150 €, the shipping cost will be 7,90 €–14,90 € depending on the weight and volume of the items.
• International shipping For non-European Union countries the shipping cost, starting from 7,90 €, is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel. The shipping cost for each item is displayed on the product page. For bulky and oversized items – such as sofas, lounge chairs, dining tables etc. – you may request a shipping quote by filling in the form on the product page. We will provide you with a quote in two business days.
What shipping methods are available?
We offer the following shipping methods:
• DHL Global Mail, starting from 7,90 € Your order will be shipped to the delivery address or local post office via DHL Global Mail. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically.
Europe: please allow 4–8 business days for your order to arrive. North America: please allow 5–9 business days for your order to arrive. Australia: please allow 10–15 business days for your order to arrive. Rest of the world: please allow 5–15 business days for your order to arrive.
You may be able to track your order within 24-48 hours after it has been processed at the local DHL facility. Please note that the availability of the tracking information depends on the destination country. DHL does not offer tracking for orders that are delivered by the local postal service. DHL Global Mail is available for small parcels only.
• UPS Standard, starting from 6,00 € Your order will be shipped to the delivery address via UPS Standard. Please allow 2–7 business days for your order to arrive. The delivery time depends on the shipping destination and you will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours. You can check the exact shipping rate for your country on product pages and at checkout.
• UPS Expedited (for international orders) Your order will be shipped to the delivery address via UPS Expedited. Please allow 1–2 weeks for your order to arrive. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. The delivery time depends on the shipping destination and you will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours.
• UPS Express Saver UPS Express Saver is the fastest shipping option available. Please allow 1–2 business days for your order to arrive. The shipping cost is based on the destination, weight and volume of the parcel and will be calculated automatically. You will see the estimated delivery date at checkout. Deliveries are made between Monday to Friday during regular business hours. Please note that UPS Express Saver is not available for all orders.
• DSV Freight All bulky and oversized items – such as sofas, lounge chairs, dining tables etc. – will be shipped with the DSV Freight service.
• DSV Air Freight Furniture and other large items will be shipped to the delivery address via DVS Air Freight. The delivery time is 6–8 business days. You will receive a tracking code by email once the order has been dispatched from our warehouse. DSV delivers orders only to the street level and will call you in advance to schedule a delivery appointment. All orders outside the European Union will be shipped as DAP (Delivered at Place), duty unpaid.
Europe: please allow 2–9 business days for your order to arrive. We offer free standard shipping for all orders over 150 €. Rest of the world: The shipping cost and estimated delivery date will be stated in the quote provided by our customer service.
When will my order arrive?
You can see the estimated delivery time for your whole order at checkout.
We will calculate the shipping cost for bulky and oversized items shipped outside Europe. Please fill out the form and we will provide you with a quote in two business days. If you would like to have more information about shipping, we are happy to help you by email at [email protected] or by phone at +358 20 743 2530, Mon–Fri 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (GMT +3).
Subscribe to our newsletter by 4 June for a chance win Made By Hand’s Knit-Wit pendant in sunrise (value 502 €). All subscribers will be automatically entered in the prize draw held on 4 June 2018.
Taxes and duties
All non-EU countries are shipped to on a DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid) basis, which means that all product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. When shipping internationally, you are responsible for any customs duties and taxes that are levied by your destination country. Finnish Design Shop does not collect these fees. All orders are shipped from Finland. Each product’s country of origin is indicated in the documents (non-EU orders only).
Please fill in your local phone number and select the country from the menu on the left. Your phone number is required so that the courier or shipping company can contact you regarding the delivery.
Select shipping country
Please select your shipping country to display the correct pricing and available shipping methods.