Aino Aalto, published by the Alvar Aalto Foundation, is the most comprehensive book published so far about the work and life of Aino Marsio-Aalto. In-depth articles and rich illustrations create a thorough look at Aino Aalto's career as a designer and architect.
The architect Aino Aalto (1894-1949) is the great unknown factor behind her internationally renowned husband Alvar Aalto. As a designer, Aino Aalto is primarily known for her work in glass. Her life’s work, however, ranged from architecture to photography and various areas of applied art and design. Presented and discussed in this book is a gifted and independent designer who was much more than her husband’s muse.
- Preface: Heikki Alanen (Aino and Alvar Aalto’s grandson)
- Arne Heporauta: On Aino Marsio-Aalto
- Mia Hipeli: Aino Marsio-Aalto, architect
- Mia Hipeli: List of Works
- Kaarina Mikonranta: Aino Marsio-Aalto – Interior and Furniture Designer
- Marjaana Launonen: Aino Aalto as a Photographer
- Renja Suominen-Kokkonen: The Silent Central Personage – the Architect Aino Marsio-Aalto